VIC controlling property settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BBBBB

6 February 2022
Hi there, married 30 years, currently separated under one roof, my ex has completely stone walled me for the last 12mths Re property settlement as he controls all the assets, except for the family home. I have a temp FVIO in place, verbally abusive, with the odd push and shove. He's removed and hidden a lot of our assets ( boats jet skis, road bikes ), which are in his name. has locked me out of our shed, where all his and my possessions are, and every time I leave the house, my only safe place / bedroom is ransacked and stuff stolen. Finally I got legal help, offering he retain all assets and the Business, In turn for 65% from sale of family home going to me. which might help me to put a roof over our daughters head, whom he has bonded, leaving me to financially support her alone for the last 8 mth.
Upon receiving letter of negotiiation, he now wants me to keep all assets while he takes 50% or more from house sale.. Can he do this ???

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hi there, married 30 years, currently separated under one roof, my ex has completely stone walled me for the last 12mths Re property settlement as he controls all the assets, except for the family home. I have a temp FVIO in place, verbally abusive, with the odd push and shove. He's removed and hidden a lot of our assets ( boats jet skis, road bikes ), which are in his name. has locked me out of our shed, where all his and my possessions are, and every time I leave the house, my only safe place / bedroom is ransacked and stuff stolen. Finally I got legal help, offering he retain all assets and the Business, In turn for 65% from sale of family home going to me. which might help me to put a roof over our daughters head, whom he has bonded, leaving me to financially support her alone for the last 8 mth.
Upon receiving letter of negotiiation, he now wants me to keep all assets while he takes 50% or more from house sale.. Can he do this ???
What is "bonded" in this scenario?