VIC Contract for Sale of Property - Cooling Off Period?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lawrieth

18 April 2015
When signing a contract for sale, what's the cooling off period as I would like to change some of the dollar values as sales commission and put in an asking price as not listed only example?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Are you selling or buying?

ClareB

4 February 2015
Generally, sellers in Victoria do not have the benefit of exercising a cooling off period. Once the seller has signed the sale contract, they generally cannot withdraw from the sale.

If you want to make amendments to the contract for sale, make the amendments ASAP with your conveyancer and before the contract has been provided to potential purchasers.

Lawrieth

18 April 2015
Generally, sellers in Victoria do not have the benefit of exercising a cooling off period. Once the seller has signed the sale contract, they generally cannot withdraw from the sale.

If you want to make amendments to the contract for sale, make the amendments ASAP with your conveyancer and before the contract has been provided to potential purchasers.

Thanks for the expert advice, i didn't know there was no cooling off, meeting Monday, will amend Contract to suit
Thanks LT

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
....as I would like to change some of the dollar values as sales commission and put in an asking price as not listed only example?
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what this means, and what it is you are proposing to do.