LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Consequences if Builder Disobeys Court Orders?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by KarmaWinsinEnd, 30 June 2016.

Tags:
  1. KarmaWinsinEnd

KarmaWinsinEnd Well-Known Member

Can the builder disobey the court order and not refund the money? What consequence the company will face if they do not obey the court order?

Regards

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

If you have a court judgement, ordering someone to pay you money and they refuse, you can enforce that order. There are various options for doing so which may include having the company wound up (if it is an incorporation) or made bankrupt if it is just a partnership or business. There is also the option of seizure and sale orders etc.

3. Matthew Karakoulakis

Hi KarmaWinsinEnd,

The builder’s refusal to obey Court Orders constitutes an unlawful situation.

I can give you the legal advice and options that you need. You have a number of options through which you can enforce Court orders and pursue your entitlement.

Feel free to contact me through the link Matthew Karakoulakis, Lawyer, AMK Law - Melbourne, VIC - LawTap - Find a Lawyer & Book Online Instantly to arrange an appointment to speak with me regarding your situation.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,