NSW Condition Report with Photos as Evidence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kizez

23 August 2016
Hi,

I'm a current tenant in Sydney & hoping for some guidance in relation to photos provided with the condition report.

As a tenant, I always do an inspection of the property & ensure to take photos of the things such as markings/specs/chippings/dirt/scratches etc that I find within the property. I note it down on the condition report as "there are marks found" & provide this report back to the agent along with the photos I've take to show what sort of marks I've identified.

I'm currently experiencing an issue on the property we just vacated where the agent is claiming that a small patch on the wall has to be repaired & because we are out of the tenancy agreement & has moved out & provided the keys back, they are asking for us to pay the repair charges.

During the final inspection, the agent said it was not a big issue & no fix required. However, after return of the keys & tenancy expiration as we wait for our return of the bond, agent comes back few days later asking for the fix charges either they take it out of bond or we pay separately if we want our bond to be returned.

I looked into my previous file archives & found out that I've made note of this & was included on the photos I've provided during our move in & noted as marks found on the condition report. Because it is small & due to lighting, it doesn't get seen at first sight unless it's zoomed in then it can be seen.

I've informed all this to the agent but was told it's noted as "marks" on the report instead of a "chip" & also saying it doesn't show on the photo even though I've also provided them a cropped, zoomed version of the photo to clearly show that the patch being discussed is in this photo.

I even provided them a snapshot of the time & date in the folder of when the photo was taken as proof it was the same photo I've provided them on our initial move when we returned the condition report at the beginning.

I'm confused as to why after providing all this evidence, it doesn't seem sufficient & therefore our full bond is currently withheld. I've taken the photos & provided it to them in the beginning but after a year as we moved out, I'm told this is all insufficient.

Can someone please kindly help what else should I be doing/providing to prove that this patch/chip issue was there before we moved in to the place so why should we be the one getting penalised for charges in getting this repaired?

Many thanks.

4 January 2018
Queensland
Hi there,
Let me have a sympathy.
Yes I am in the trouble with patches and a chip which is exactly the same. Because these days bond back cleaning business has been growing, real estate cannot take us an advantage from cleaning. They are making up a reason from the small and making bigger which is their scenario. We cannot win if we keep talking about patches and chips they already know how to react to us.

Were they away when you are the end of lease days? They consume times us to think and pushing us to accept their claim. Always the same.
The final invoice is not small but not big enough to fight.

They think tenants stupid not treated us as an end user customer. Sorry, I talk too much blame them.

You are not the one, make a report by ourself chronologically and when we got feel uncomfortable, confused and unfair then you will see when they trapped you.
If you can afford to wait for the rest of the bond back, you can take actions without money several ways or find out their trick to not being for your next tenancy.

I will do further actions without spending money we must have a right to be fair.