QLD Complicated 2 Questions 2 Employers or So I Thought.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ambrosia

19 September 2019
Hi, My question is complex. I am a Mental Health Nurse who was injured at work, trying to save a patient from committing suicide. Work cover accepted initial claim. Claim ceased I returned to work but was still in pain Had CT and found fractures that were missed on initial xray. Claim is currently reopened for consideration. It is the exact same Injury. So Whilst I returned to work I also was offered another position in Rehab to start on the 23rd of this month as my second job 0.6 permanent part time. I intended to continue working at my current workplace also. I emailed the NUM to advise of Injury and having to postpone starting date, All paperwork was signed and she has now rescinded the offer. So I have lost my second job and am awaiting Workcovers decision from first job as I will require possible surgery. My HR are not helpful at my first employment and is the second employer allowed to rescind the offer even after All paperwork was signed and submitted because I am unable to start until Orthopedic review at least. And do I have any claim to compensation from either parties. What is my best option.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
re: Second employer. You likely have a claim against them, but does depend on whether you changed something (eg start date or capacity to work).

re: First employer. Need to await the outcome from WorkCover.