NSW Commercial Law - Selling Recipe?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

???

17 February 2016
Hi all.

We have developed a 100% method to beat the lick a stick test. We are concerned that we could be charged for marketing/selling the recipe.

The ingredients are all legal, food grade and readily available.

Thoughts on Commercial Law?

???

17 February 2016
Hot Potato? Anyway...It is not like we are crackheads or Walter White! Can we negotiate with the manufacturer of the tester to buy the method from us, I am sure they wouldn't want the negative publicity since work places and law enforcement have invested heavily in their equipment.

S

Sophea

I don't think it would be aiding or abetting an offence, but may be perverting the course of justice? Don't think you would have an issue though selling to the manufacturers as it is in the interests of justice that they find out about ways to false negative their tests and fix them.

???

17 February 2016
Thanks for your reply, I contacted the company, they laughed me off and said they will just build a machine to beat it (this is impossible with our method as it breaks down the antibody), but after a few calls, I finally got through to someone who took my email. Long story short, I have been out today and when I get home, I found out they have been ringing all day and by the sound of it, have them rattled.