WA Clarification help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jules2022

27 November 2021
I am writing an agreement for a restraining order to save it going to court. I have come across 2 different sentences for the communicating to protected person and unsure what is the difference between them. Please can someone clarify what each one means

1) attempt or enter any form of communication

2) attempt to communicate by any means

thanks

sammy01

27 September 2015
1) means you can't answer the phone if the other persion calls. So if they try to engage with you... You must not answer.
2) means they can contact you.

Go for the first one. My ex liked to call me up to tell me that she was allowed to call me but I was not allowed to call her.... To which I responded is there anything that states I'm not allowed to hang up? which is exactly what I did.

But if you're writing up an agreement to save going to court? I'd suggest you don't bother.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I am writing an agreement for a restraining order to save it going to court.
You need to clarify what is happening & what you are wanting to achieve.

1) Do you mean there is an application or interim order already & you are wanting to come to an agreement with the other party to avoid further court action?
2) What are you wanting to achieve, no communication at all, communication limited to certain matters, communication only via a third party such as a lawyer?

What you seem to be suggesting is an undertaking to the court rather than a restraining order .... Just be aware that an undertaking is not enforceable in the same way a restraining order is. That said, depending on the circumstances, it may be a solution. Need more info to comment.