NSW Claim for Loss of Income - Preparing for NCAT Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Willow101

12 December 2015
I have a matter to be heard at NSW NCAT for a claim against a car service / dealer, who I believe has taken an excessive amount of time and costs to diagnose and fix a fault. Actually it is for more than 9-10 excessive months, when the vehicle was unusable.

As part of the NCAT directions, I will have an expert report prepared that will hopefully state, that a reasonable amount of time and materials to do the job should be a lot less than it actually took.

I've been told by the Tribunal that I can claim "economic loss" for loss of income if the vehicle was used for business purposes, which it was. I understand that this is anything that might appear on a balance sheet. My loss of gross income before expenses is about $40k

What's the best way to approach this to prepare for the hearing ? Are there any things or a checklist i need to be aware of to ensure that i approach this correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sophea

Do you mean prepare your evidence? Or prepare your submissions and calculation of economic loss?