QLD Child Support question in relation to the courts and fraud

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Beingscrewed

1 February 2018
I pay a lot of child support each week for a single child.
Speaking with Child Support staff and having referenced every call, they have told me that above and beyond my payments I am not required to pay a single cent towards Mortgage, rates, electricity etc etc, however, they cannot reference this in the legislation or their guide other than my payments made are to provide funds for the "primary duty to maintain the child".
The other half refuses to pay the electricity or any other contribution and they continue to fall further in to arrears. I cannot afford to pay either.
Their representation have advised that they cannot pay for anything either.
The electricity will be disconnected by the service provider. I feel the whole guilt game and how could you will be laid out at me again but I have to draw the line somewhere.
How could the courts possibly view this if it is disconnected and my child is then disadvantaged.
I understand if this were in the US, the court would hold the other side in contempt for redirecting funds paid by me.
What is the case here in QLD?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
What Child Support have told you is correct - you don't have to pay anything above what you're obligated to pay under child support.

In terms of Court proceedings, what's on foot? Parenting or property?

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok - so slow down... BTW I feel your pain..
But what is the story?
Let me give you mine... Ex kicked me out - took an avo against me so I could not go to my own house.... So I'm paying the mortgage on the house I can go near and that she is living in... I'm paying rent for my own place... I'm paying for child care, rates, electricity, phone, car insurance (for her car) AND of course, child support for kids she wont let me see... My name is on all these accounts. What to do... STOP PAYING. Cancel any account that is in your name. IF she can't afford the electricity how is she affording the rent / mortgage?

BUT like I said, each case is different... and I can feel your despair. Provide more info and get more definitive answers

Beingscrewed

1 February 2018
AllForHer, both are being filed for shortly

Sammy01, The other side can afford a lot more than they say they can...just the games they play and their lawyer tactics to wear me down and create disadvantage...I am well aware of it, its just a game and a process, as adults we have the power to move on, kids just suffer, their lawyers don't care about that stuff though, they're just looking for a win at any cost to protect their reputation and fuel the life style they are used to... Whilst my hand is in my pocket for lawyers who are just shaking their head in desbelief, nothing is getting paid this end by me...I am just standing by watching the property pool dwindle and business assets take a tumble, there wont me much to squabble over at the end and only the kid suffers in the mean time...I reckon they'll be 50k lighter compared to had we just sat down for mediation in 2017...