NSW Child Support Purchase Receipts

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BellaCREJ89

14 September 2017
Hi, my now ex-partner was an emotionally abusive and controlling person. He cheated on me and left me for another woman. We have two children together. He is demanding receipts for every cent I spend of the child support money he sends me to make sure I am spending it on our girls only and not on myself. Is this something I legally have to do? I dont want him continue to try and control me even now he has left me for someone else. I thought once he sent the money (which by the way he hasn't even started paying) I thought that it was then my money to spend on whatever I feel the girls need to keep them healthy and safe.

Time101

10 July 2017
Hi bella

You don't need to provide him with any receipts.
And if he asked for it I'll tell him it non of his business.
What u do with it for the girls is completely up to you.
I'd just ignore him. It's just a way of controlling you.

I guess u have contacted child support they will deduct out of his pay per month and it goes directly to your bank account.

Don't tell him anything !!!

Best policy that I find is silent treatment.

Hope all goes well.

Reactions: Tim W

AllForHer

23 July 2014
No, you absolutely do not have to provide receipts for how child support is spent, and he is still going to have to pay it either way.

I suggest asking Child Support to collect on your behalf so that any complaints about child support can be directed to the Child Support agency.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
He is demanding receipts for every cent I spend of the child support money he sends me.... Is this something I legally have to do?
No.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I suggest asking Child Support to collect on your behalf so that any complaints about child support can be directed to the Child Support agency.
This is a good suggestion.