NSW Child support/family court orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
23 June 2018
Hi
I have a question.
But first some background information.
In 2007 the family court determined that there would be 50/50 care arrangements for our three children, each parent is to contribute equally to the upbringing and that both parents have equal prospects of improving their earning capacity. My ex decided to return to work for her old employer and for the past 11 years has had an average income of $18000 pa.....according to csa docs I receive. She has been on numerous oversees holidays with her partner....now of 5 years, bought a house in her name 7 years ago and has had several new cars over the years. Obviously lifestyle to earning does not match. I entered into a relationship 12 years ago with a partner who also has three children and am still in that relationship. 10 years ago I retrained spending 4 years a uni and have been in temp employment for the past 5 years. My job is not secure and can be terminated with 2weeks notice at any time. We ...my ex and me only have one child left at school...currently in year 11. Now that my income is around 90k she is claiming child support through csa. Can I have the matter taken back to the family court and ask that the decision be reviewed because she has made no attempt to improve her earning capacity, her income and lifestyle don’t match and that paying child support would greatly impact on me meeting my obligations as a parent to our child in year 11 and not to mention the added financial strain it would place on my current partner, children and family unit.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
It would be a total waste of time to go back to court on this

sammy01

27 September 2015
agree. At this point, the game is over. By the time you get to court the kid will be 18. Game over