NSW Child support exemption

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam888

13 November 2019
How do i get a child support exemption when the other parent dosent see the child and dosent even pay. I dont want to go through child suppprt collect for safety reasons

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
I'm not sure what your question is exactly...? An exemption from paying child support? You say the other parent doesn't pay child support already so why would an exemption from what is already not happening be necessary? What exactly is the issue and what do you want to happen? That might help to answer your question.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
If you’re the receiving parent, simply leave it at private collect and don’t enforce it.

Hanna jaye

15 March 2019
I'm not sure what your question is exactly...? An exemption from paying child support? You say the other parent doesn't pay child support already so why would an exemption from what is already not happening be necessary? What exactly is the issue and what do you want to happen? That might help to answer your question.

If this is a case of DV/ FV which I assume is the case from the mentioning of “safety reasons” you can ask Centrelink and or CSA to talk to a social worker~ explain your situation and what you need to remain safe etc. The social worker should be able to action this for you. However failing that book into legal aids DV lawyer free 20 minutes appointment and obtain a letter from them that states your at ROSH if you continue CSA collections. Therefore they request a exemption be granted which then goes to the social worker any way to access.

Hopefully the attached link below works if not search up;
http : // > guides > dss . gov . au/ > family- assistance- guide / 3 / 1 / 5 / 70

just put them all together as some links don’t send through. Alternatively search in google “ how to obtain a childsupport exemption”

3.1.5.70 Exemptions from the maintenance action test | Family Assistance Guide