NSW Child support 2007-2015

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vtec

31 May 2022
When I separated from my ex we were living in UK & my children & I moved back to Australia.My ex remained in the UK & was working for an investment bank as a risk analyst & had started receiving a substantial income. For the first year due to the divorce settlement his income was about $800000 if my memory serves me well. After that he refused to give his income & csa wouldn’t chase the uk csa nor try & force him to supply his income details despite the fact he frequently travelled to Australia for work. The reason he wouldn’t give this information was because his salary plus bonus was significantly higher than the estimate by csa. I approached csa who surprised me with their lack of interest in the situation despite the fact that I was struggling financially & they could see his income was large compared to mine. I earned less than 10% of his income.
Do I have any chance of getting this sorted now although it may not amount to a lot due to the way the csa formulation works?

sammy01

27 September 2015
You wont get any joy through the child support agency. I don't fancy your chances I'm afraid.

Vtec

31 May 2022
😂 thanks for that. I thought it would be unlikely that they would be interested in chasing it up now but I thought you never know