QLD Child Custody because of my ex

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Xandy Russell

31 December 2019
In March (2019) I decided to go back to work part time as the money i was getting off Centrelink was only $40 a fortnight which barely covered the cost of stuff I needed for my first born (he was 14mo), my ex partner and i were trying to make it work out for our child. The first week i did 2 1/2 days of work then my boss rang and needed me to go full time as it was mustering season at the time so i said sure no worries, so my ex decided to be a stay at home dad while i worked the second week in i get a phone call at 10pm at night from some random chick abusing me saying im on crack and all this stuff (never touched a drug in my life). This chick was my ex's new girlfriend him and i havent even been split up for even a week yet, i had her and him telling me that if I didn't come get my things (out of the house him and i were renting) they were going to throw it out on the streets and kill all my animals. I wasn't allowed inside my own house yard because he had his mates over with there dogs trying to keep me out of the yard while i had his gf and her friend abusing me still saying i was a crap mother and all this while he stayed inside with our son.
Then his brother got involved and wrote this up:

I refused to sign it because it wasn't a legal document.

so i went back to work the next day and continued on with what i was doing. 6 days after that night that i get a text saying that my ex has moved to Darwin with our son but he sent it to me 3 days after he got up there saying he was moving for family support.

My ex and i stopped talking completely and then I texted him one day to see how Our boy was then we started talking again for a good 6months and came up with an agreement for custody of the child he agreed to it that my new partner and i were going to meet my ex half way to pick our son up, the agreement was 6 months each till he started school then i was going to get him for school while his father had him for school holidays. So we agreed to that so we set a date to go get him but then i found out i was pregnant with my second with my new partner( a person i was working with in march) so we asked to move it to the 22 of November as the 30th was to close to my due date, so then my ex's brother stuck his nose in our business and rang my new partner saying that if i ever want brentley back i have to go through court.(august) After that i kept sending messages to my ex asking how brentley was with no reply. In September I found out my ex blocked me on all social media and changed his number so from September to now i have had no communication with brentley.

What can i do to get full custody of brentley again?

gunners

4 December 2019
Hi,

have you tried any legal help lines or community legal centres yet?

You should really start there... Or go straight to a family lawyer.