Child abuse allegations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Daddylovesyou

22 December 2016
My ex partner has accused me of assaulting her son. This supposedly happened over 2 years ago. She has made this accusation now in her family court affidavit. We are currently in a custody battle for my 4 year old daughter. The police are wanting to talk to me about the matter. What happens in the police interrogation and what are my rights? Where do I go from here? My current lawyer told me to google my rights in regards to what I should and shouldn't say. I live in Western Australia

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Your lawyer told you to google it?
Get a new lawyer immediately.

sammy01

27 September 2015
go to the cop shop.... SAY NOTHING.
Oh all right say something.... Say this.... " I am appalled that my ex partner has made such ludicrous accusations. I believe me ex is using the criminal system to try to minimize my contact with my child." say it infront of the mirror. say it over and over as you drive to the cop shop and say it when asked stuff by the cops.

Do not fall for the good cop BS... don't trust the cops. They want to put people in jail. don't help them.