QLD Charged with Stealing Own Medical File by Police?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

491ktj

23 October 2018
I have a range of health issues and presented to emergency. My medical file sat next to me and I walked out with it. I was intoxicated mixed with powerful antibiotics which had caused chest pain as I have heart failure. I'm charged with stealing my medical file. I was dropped home by a friend.

When the police knocked on my door, they arrested me, took me back to the hospital for treatment whilst under arrest. Once un-arrested, I removed my medical equipment and left. Clearly not making any good decisions.

Am I looking at jail?

Who's legal property is my medical file?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
If you took it by accident, then even if it reaches court, you will be able to get off easily, what I mean, there maybe good behavior bond etc... I don't mean walk out free, but if there are any other issues that were not disclosed in your post, that will sure have an effect on the out come.
walking out of hospital is a bad decision, why did you do it? it is your health and also, if you were under arrest, then you are fleeing, I don't see you are going in the right direction.
Contact a lawyer.
I am not a laywer but this is my opinion only.