Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Charged with Domestic Violence by Police - Help?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by georgesolev, 5 September 2016.

1. georgesolev

georgesolev Member

Hi,

I have been charged by the police with intent to cause injury and recklessly causing injury. I have no priors and the alleged victim has even written a statement of no complaint highlighting my actions in their opinion was not intentional.

I will go in front of the Victorian magistrates court in Melbourne. I am considering pleading guilty to avoid prison time. I have also elected to donate to white ribbon (domestic violence charity) and have also undertaking a 52 hour online anger management class.

Need help, as I never ever had this happen to me before

Timnuts likes this.
  2. Michael T

Michael T Well-Known Member

Hi George,

Yes, since you're going to court you will need to engage a lawyer for legal advice specific to your circumstances. See Find a Lawyer & Book Online Instantly | LawTap

I would get on to it as soon as possible so that you're organised to get the best possible outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

Don't plead guilty unless you are in fact guilty.
    And I agree with @Michael T - engage a lawyer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Timnuts likes this.