QLD Changing Custody Arrangements - What can I Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

b-rad

8 March 2015
Have had enough of my ex trying to distort our custody of children arrangements. At a point where I am considering moving states, if not countries. She lies, police etc take her side. It's gone beyond a joke. What can I do?

It's to a point now, where I am considering leaving my kid because of her and her partner.
She and her partner manipulate me to a point where I snap, and I'm the one who gets in trouble.

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi b-rad,

If you wish to change your custody arrangement, you will need to apply to court: see the Family Law Court website's "Applying to change an existing order".

Your situation sounds frustrating. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to consider leaving your child because of it. I'm not sure whether you have considered some support groups for fathers? They might assist you in providing advice and support in dealing with uncooperative exes/mothers and may be able to offer some practical (non-legal) advice that you may not have thought of yet (or may have thought of, but perceived in a different light).

If you wish to try some out, here are a few I've discovered:

b-rad

8 March 2015
Thank you. I have a feeling this will need to go to court. It's beyond a joke. Last night the police turned up when I dropped the kids, 3 of, off, embarrassing as it is, all I was trying to explain is that I'm not the person who keeps sending police and child services there. I've tried passing it to her parents, she is a suicidal psychopath and I'm sick of being caught in the middle. my partner has had enough, and I just don't know what legal stand I can take