VIC changing conditions on an ivo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

dobbo

18 December 2020
my partner has an ivo against me but did not want me to stop seeing her or contacting her, she is not well as she is battling a terminal illness and can not go to court to change this is there another way at all because so far i have been charged wuth 5 breaches and spent 3 nights in jail just for replying to her messages im now out on bail and was told by judge anymore breeches i will spend 2 years in jail and yet my partner has told the courts she does not want me charged, im in desperate need for help eith this

Atticus

6 February 2019
Either her or you can apply to court for a variation .... May not be accepted though even if she wants it.

If your partner doesn't want to get you in trouble or for you to be charged with breaches, she could stop messaging you ....Have you considered how the police become aware of you replying to her messages?

dobbo

18 December 2020
Either her or you can apply to court for a variation .... May not be accepted though even if she wants it.

If your partner doesn't want to get you in trouble or for you to be charged with breaches, she could stop messaging you ....Have you considered how the police become aware of you replying to her messages?

A variation needs to be applied for.
hi tony, is there away for her to apply for a variation without going to court as she has a termanal illness and mental condition so she does not do well in crowded places