Changes to Domestic Violence Laws in QLD.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adele93

2 February 2021
Morning everyone. Can some one please give me some advise. I know there have been some major changes to what is now classed as Domestic Violence, for example continual put downs, and making a person feel they are stupid for example. The situation is far more complex but that is just a simplistic example.
I am trying to find. 1. The act name / number and date changes came into force and 2. a "simple" explanation of all areas that are now classed as domestic Violence in Qld. Thank you in advance for any help.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
For 1:
- Go to legislation.qld.gov.au -> In force legislation -> Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012.
- Up the top (in the white section) is a bar.
- History notes will be automatically on. This means that each section that has been amended will list the amending instrument at the bottom. For example: section 15 was amended in 2013 by Act no. 39 (at section 111, schedule 4). The note is a link you can click through.
- Also: From the bar select 'Legislative history' -> Table of Reprints. The 'Amendments Included' column will take you through to the amending act.
- Also: In 'Legislative history' -> History notes. This will show a consolidated list of amendments, with links.

For 2:
- DFV support
- Domestic and family violence
- Domestic and family violence (Queensland Courts site)