QLD Chances of Partner Getting Full Custody of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rfs

14 March 2017
Hey,

I'm needing some help. I have been the full time carer of my child for over 6months as they were put into my care after being found home alone with no other adult present. Police charges were not followed through due to a technicality that aparrently a baby sitter was hired but had left the address due to finding out she most likely wouldn't be paid.

The outcome from child services investigation was that indeed the child had suffered emotional harm due to neglect in the care of my ex-partner their mum and that due to the child now residing in my care, no further involvement would be required. Later we attempted mediation which was unsuccessful and both issued certificates.

I have now today been issued with a court order which basically advises that she's wanting to try and regain full custody of children.

What are their chances of considering such an outcome from child services regarding the lack of care of the children being in their care?

Please help

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You've been issued with a Court order? Or you've been served with an initiating application?

Rfs

14 March 2017
Initiating application. I do believe it has a court date on it. I'll be seeking legal advice first thing tomorrow. Was just trying to gain as much information as I can

Simon Pattison

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
18 February 2017
QLD
lawtap.com
Initiating application I do believe it has a court date on it. I'll be seeking legal advise first thing tomorrow was just trying to gain as much information as I can

It certainly can't do her chances any good. I'd be emphasising the fact that the child was left alone etc. Then let her prove the story that there was a babysitter, not paid etc. Your lawyer should look to subpoena the police records etc. Remember to put actual evidence of the offence in to your response.

Reactions: Lance