VIC Central Office Boss

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Timcat54

19 September 2020
Victoria
I work in aged care the home is not even two years old. Our head office boss wants all the staff that first started to be sacked I can’t understand why and it’s happened we have lost staff members already with false disciplinary letters with false incidents. I myself have been a victim and they are trying to find something else to get me sacked. Our manager was sacked and contacted us to tell us what our head office is doing. Plus we are working with no staff the last 5 weeks we have had one staff member care for 36 residents how is still possible or fair? What I need to know is can they sack me knowing that I’m aware of the plan they have in place ? The comment made from head office was we know too much ? I’ve worked in aged care for 20 years in administration why would they want me sacked when I’ve done nothing wrong ? Plus they have moved my whole office into a little corner without any notice or making me aware. Why?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Contact me if they start to take steps against you.

Aged care management is taking a beating by the government and media. Management will be looking for scapegoats to take the pressure away from their own jobs.

Timcat54

19 September 2020
Victoria
You might remember my i post about having a disciplinary meeting I had to attend so that was the first step taken. Since then I found out that my manger was sacked because she didn’t want to be apart of the central office plan that they have for us to sack us all. So far they have sacked our Clinical Nurse, Lifestyle coordinator, Cook. Now they want myself and our maintenance officer sacked as we are the original staff members who started mind you the building isn’t even two years old and we have had 6 managers and seems to be getting worse. They moved my office while I was away on sick leave I had this big office with a lot of space for all my items now I’ve been moved to a office at the front of entrance door no privacy and the space is so small I can’t fit nothing all my office items and I can’t even write no space to write. They gave my office to a another lifestyle staff member who shouldn’t even be sitting in that office but doing activity’s with a our residents but sits around all day listening to music at an office space that is not required by him as he doesn’t need it. Plus this staff member helped get his co work sacked as he is so far up the head office staff sucking up to them telling on other staff. Plus my new office you can’t see me as I’m short the desk is too low. I can’t leave nothing out as staff walk pass my desk area all day long it’s an open area where I’m doing work cover paper work taking calls for sick leave people coming to me to fill shifts and staff stand around and are able to read my emails or look at anything on my desk. Was not once asked if I wants to move my office space all happened while I was away on sick leave. I truly believe I will be next to get the sack.