NSW Caught Stealing at Woolworths - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

salvador arce

22 October 2019
Hey, my friend and I ( I'm 17 and she is 19) were caught stealing today. It wasn't much, valued at $30 combined.

Anyways, the loss prevention people told us to go to the back room and got my licence and wrote down my details as with my friend as well, however when we had to sign I didn't and she signed for me because the loss prevention person said 'just get her to sign for him'.

There was no police involved and we are banned from Woolworths for 12 months. Will I be receiving a letter in the mail for any reason and will I be getting a record?

Thanks, please don't judge, I've learnt my lesson.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hey me and my friend ( im 17 and she is 19) were caught stealing today, it wasnt much valued at $30 combined. Anyways the loss prevention people told us to go to back room and got my license and wrote down my details as with my friend aswell, however when we had to sign i didnt and she signed for me because the loss prevention person said 'just get her to sign for him'. There was no police involved and we are banned from that particular store for 12months. Will i be receiving a letter in the mail for any reason and will i be getting a record?
Thanks, please dont judge, ive learnt my lesson

No you have not learned your lesson, you will shoplift again. Remember this next time.
As answer for your question, it has been dealt between you and woolies, no police were involved now, but will be if you return to this store again or any other woolies and shoplift, your details is in their system, so this is a warning to you. It would be good if you learned your lesson.