WA Caught shoplifting first time offence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ebony Smith

18 February 2019
I accidentally shoplifters at coles I put the stuff in my bag as I was walking around then just completely forgot about it and walked out where I was stopped by security. They informed me they would not be involving the police and I just signed a form that I was too scared to read properly. I know they didn't call the police but I did give my real address since I was too scared not to cooperate. Am I going to be ok? I'm studying teaching so I'm terrified.

User1111

23 July 2019
I accidentally shoplifters at coles I put the stuff in my bag as I was walking around then just completely forgot about it and walked out where I was stopped by security. They informed me they would not be involving the police and I just signed a form that I was too scared to read properly. I know they didn't call the police but I did give my real address since I was too scared not to cooperate. Am I going to be ok? I'm studying teaching so I'm terrified.
Hi, just wondering if you heard back from anyone or the police after the incident ???

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
If there were no police involved, then you have nothing to worry about.