QLD Casual to Permanent gone wrong

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alberto85

25 August 2017
Hello. I am a tradesperson at one of the countries biggest employers and worlds largest companies through a labour hire company. I have been in this position for 15 months and am very highly regarded among peers and management. I was asked to undergo a "Contractor Conversion" as the company was seeking my tenure full time. I have undergone a pre employment medical and was told it was fine. I was pulled in to the managers office today to inform me that i will not be employed as i am considered too "Heavy" to perform the task as a restriction was placed on me, unknowingly, by the medical team for confined spaces. Now, im not a small person, i am 187cm tall, and am a large framed person. I admit i am a little heavy and can and am working on the issue, however, my gripe comes from the fact that i was good enough to perform the tasks fully in the previous 15 months but i am magically now unable to fullfill these tasks and gain employment.

Is there an avenue to pursue to resolve this issue or am I commited to the impending employment ceasure?

Thanks in advance, Alberto