VIC Case study of a breach of a contract

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pete001

17 April 2018
Hey guys,

I've got a few questions to ask related to a breach of a contract. I'm doing an internship one of the company in VIC and they ask us to build a case study based on a breah of contract. So I would like to know if you guys are able to solve my case study easily or not?

Peter is an owner of an event organizer. He is assigned to organize a major event in countryside of Victoria. He hires a Splendid company which provide all the event equipment. During the trasnportation, Splendid company involves in a serious car accident which causes all equipment destroyed. Fortunately, Peter is able to provide a sufficiently standard event equipment. Later, the singer refuses to sing with sub standard soud system. Martha who lives in Queensland and come to the event for celebrate her 50th anniversary is seeking a compensation for disappointment she suffered in addition to refund. She is seeking for $2000 for a a disappointment and $200 for a refund. Discuss the right and obligations of the parties.

Do you guys think the case study is appropriate ?
How many issues can you guys get fromt this?
What answers would you guys approach to?

I'll provide the answers soon.

Cheers,

Tom