SA Caravan Park - How to Find Out Owner of Property?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John2015

17 November 2015
Is there any way to find the owner of a villa on a site in a caravan park in South Australia without directly approaching the owner? It seems owning this type of property might be a good way to hide an asset and I'm concerned the park owner may be in on it.

This all stems from a property settlement between my wife and a former partner who continues to threaten further legal action to do with the settlement. We believe he owned and may still own this villa which he didn't declare in the settlement. If we could prove he was the owner it might be a good way to shut him up, or get back the $50,000 my wife had to pay him.

Thanks,

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
When, in relation to the property settlement, did you suspect he had undeclared assets?

John2015

17 November 2015
Hi Rod, thanks for your reply.

The property settlement order was made 07/08/2012. In November 2013, I saw an invoice for work done to the villa while looking through documents my wife had kept.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
OK, some 15 months after property settlement. I'll leave this to one of the other regular posters to answer. I do not know the answer.