WA Car Towed Away from Car Park - Legal Standing Under Traffic Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mooka

15 March 2016
My car waas towed away from business units at Newstead and was charged $660 to get car back. There was a tow away sign where the car was parked. I did use building facility for business, the parking spot I parked in had a business name poorly marked on ground that does not even exist for trading within building complex,

I did assume this car park spot was ok to use as I was conducting business in the building. Do I have any legal standing under Traffic Law to retrieve my money back?

Ponala

10 February 2015
Sounds like the business / unit / corporate body towed the car away. No standing under Traffic Law...civil matter.

Nelson.C

28 April 2016
If you still have to pay, make them uncomfortable like they did to you " legally" .

Take some people with you, pay them $550 in 5cents change, let them count. They can't refuse to take cash payment. If they become verbally abusive, you can call the police or tell your witness to do so. :)