WA Car Park Accident - How to Speed Up Repair Process?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Net

6 April 2017
My legally parked vehicle (I was parked in the car park at my workplace), was hit by another driver when they were reversing out of their car park space. The other driver came and advised me and admitted liability and agreed to pay for repairs to my vehicle.

I gained smash repair quotes and sent them onto the other driver. I have made contact on a few occasions but have failed to get the other driver to commit to a date when I can get my vehicle repaired at their expense and communication with the other driver is now at a standstill by avoidance of my calls.

My vehicle is not insured but the other driver's vehicle is, however, I do not know what car insurance company. I have the other driver's details address, registration number etc. Is there anything I can do to try and speed up the process (send a letter)?

Any help where I stand would be greatly appreciated.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,

Does the other driver work in the same workplace?

If so you could send them an email and state that failure to respond will result in pursing the issue through HR. The incident occurred in the workplace car park and could be viewed as impacting the work environment.

If that doesn't work you could write a formal letter of demand and pursue the cost of repairs through small claims court. The following blog post might help you with pursuing the second option : How to Recover a Debt - Useful Tips - Legal Blog - LawAnswers.com.au