NSW Car Paint Peeling off

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

EllyElly

22 September 2016
Hi. Hoping for some advise before speaking to the dealership again.

My car is peeling paint everywhere it's a know fault of the manufacturer. When I took it into the dealership the man said yes it was a issue with their paint for my particular year model.

It was put through as a good will claim for them to repair the damage am however they came back and said I would have to cover 50% of the cost due to the car needing a full respray. 60% of the cost is absolutely unaffordable for me.

I've only been dealing with the middle man and will speak to the actual compensation team shortly. I'm hoping by speaking to them and explaining I can't pay for 50% and that I've been a loyal customer for years now they might change their mind. I've been informed by my middle man sometimes they pay for it all however he does the know what the qualification for all costs to be paid for by them is.

If they still say no they won't pay for it. Do I have any other avenues to take in hopes to pressure them to fix it .

Thank you so much.