VIC Cancelling My Wife’s Permanent Residency?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Timabc, 27 May 2018.

1. Timabc

Timabc Member

We got married on 2015, she got her Permanent Residency on February 2018. Now she wants to be separated from me. She has no reason, just simply said she is not happy to being married anymore.

Question: How can I withdraw my sponsorship/ or cancel her permanent residency?

Is there any law related to our case?

I am going to email the immigration department to inform them our relationship has ended, will it affect her permanent residency?

By the way, I sponsored her on partner visa to got her permanent residency. We don’t have any mutual children. I think she married me just intent to get a visa.

Thanks

2. Clancy

Clancy Well-Known Member

If you genuinely suspect that, then you should report her, but if it is just sower grapes, forget it, she is not worth it. You don't want a woman to be with you who doesn't really want to be with you, let them be gone and stop wasting any more of your time than what they already have. All that history together is a toilet flush - so flush it, wash your hands, and move on.

3. Timabc

Timabc Member

I do want to report her, but I don’t have evidence that she is fraudulent. I am really heartbroken. Based on any Australian law can I do something to have her pr cancelled?

4. Clancy

Clancy Well-Known Member

Well, you can report her and let the authorities decide if there is enough evidence or not, you dont worry about that.

For the heartbreak i can recommend a couple of things;
    1) you should qualify for some free counseling
    2) A short motivational Video -
    3 ) A heartbreak healing song! :) -

5. Timabc

Timabc Member

Ok, still, thanks for answering.

6. Adam1user

Adam1user Well-Known Member

Hi,
    sorry for the your bad news.
    I think if she got the PR based on all the requirements, then there is nothing you can do, all you can do now is check if there are any requirements from now on that rely on you and then you do not have to comply, saying the above, if she got the PR based on fraudulent papers and you can prove it, then submit them and the immigration will sure cancel the PR as she has not satisfied the requirements.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...