Can Voice Recording or Video be Considered as Proof?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lia1986

26 November 2016
I am from Bronx NY and have borrowed my friend's phone to ask this question. I have recently separated from my children's father. He is a pathological liar and is able to manipulate almost anyone. He threatens me on a regular basis and has caused me harm physically.

I have made attempts to have him admit this in text messages but he refuses and pretends I'm crazy knowing it can be used as proof.

Could a phone voice recording or video of him admitting these acts or doing it on video be considered as proof?

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
In short, yes they can.

Lia1986

26 November 2016
I was only able to have him admit it over the phone. I also have pictures from past moments he hit me. The audio from the phine conversation is enough evidence in the Bronx ny area? The officers didn't take it info consideration

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
I was only able to have him admit it over the phone. I also have pictures from past moments he hit me. The audio from the phine conversation is enough evidence in the Bronx ny area? The officers didn't take it info consideration
As the member above this post stated. My previous answer was general and limited to Australia only.