QLD Can Tax be used as liability

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Barry123

27 June 2021
Hello ,
I am in a settelment dispute with my ex partner. Assets will be valued as agreed with each other to detail the balance sheet ( assets /liabilities calculations) . My questions are
- I have an income tax outstanding of 20k from the last year we were together. Can I put this in the liabilities column on final balance sheet ?
- If the assets are ' valued to sell within 60 days' then someone has to pay the GST on business vehicles and CGT tax on the rural property - can i put gst and cgt in the liabilities column too ? because realistically someone has to pay the tax so in my eyes its a liability .

AND - I have read some stories where the sole titled owner of the house gets ordered by the court to sell the house - does this happen often?
( we both have same earning capacity ( but she is on the dole) , no kids , similar asset values each , similar superannuation , she had a $300 week smoking habit , financial contribution to the business and mortgage have been 100% by me ( even maintenance on the property is done 100% by me which I can prove via reciepts) , no shared bank accounts , 12 year relationship) .

Thanks
Barry