LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

TAS Can I Put All My Superannuation into One Account?

Discussion in 'Superannuation Law Forum' started by James Robert, 4 November 2015.

1. James Robert

James Robert Member

I worked as a teacher in WA and my superannuation was payed into gesb. Now I am in Tasmania and have done some work here, and my super was payed into rbf. Now I am sick and am no longer working. Can I roll over my superannuation into gesb? I want all my superannuation in one account. How do I do this? Otherwise, my rfb superannuation will just slowly get eaten up.

2. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Yes you can roll your super funds from RBF into Gesb.
    If you are sick and unable to work, have you tried calling Gesb and see what they can offer you to help?

3. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Contact the fund that you want your other super rolled into consolidating your funds. Usually they can arrange the transfers for you.

4. Lawyering mum

Lawyering mum Well-Known Member

If you are sick and unable to work speak to a superannuation lawyer before you roll them into one - you may have insurances (income protection and/or TPD) under either fund and you will lose if you close that particular fund.