QLD Can I Get Restraining Order Against Minor?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Amelie

6 November 2016
I'd like to get a restraining order against someone who has verbally harassed me and continues to stalk me through social media and I suspect in public as well. This person has also plotted to have me raped.

We are both 16 years old and from Queensland. I have already spoken to my school's higher ups, but they don't seem to care about the danger of this person's obsession. I need some help on how to apply for a restraining order and if I'm able to.

Thank you.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Yes it is possible to obtain a restraining order against a child or a minor. I would speak with a community legal service or the police about this ASAP if you feel that it could escalate and the school authorities are not doing anything about it.

Reactions: Amelie

Amelie

6 November 2016
Yes it is possible to obtain a restraining order against a child or a minor. I would speak with a community legal service or the police about this ASAP if you feel that it could escalate and the school authorities are not doing anything about it.
Thank you so much!!

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Based on what you've said, you could also raise this with the Dept of Education (in addition to what Victoria has recommended).