QLD Called Someone an Offensive Name - What Would be My Sentence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Raymond Neal

29 April 2016
I am guilty of calling a coloured person a 'useless n_'. If I appear in court and I am found guilty, what would be my sentence under Australian Law?

S

Sophea

What have you been charged with? I'm no criminal lawyer but I don't know of any criminal offence which would apply unless you did it in public in front of a lot of people.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
...or is this a law student/ homework question...?

Raymond Neal

29 April 2016
I made the insult about 3 months ago. It was made via the internet. Is it too late for the person that I insulted to make a complaint or press charges against me?

Timnuts

7 April 2016
I have a false intervention order of r**e over my head. I accepted the order but not the terms. 3 years of not seeing my 3 kids, parental alienation plus the house settlement is still unsigned. Mind you, she is pissed. She thinks I deserve nothing. I'm going on with my life as minimalist as possible and in a 6 months period of time whilst trying to finalize property settlement.

I know have been arrested 3 times in a month, deal taken fingerprinted on bail back and forth at court. I haven't got the 3k for the lawyers but because I called her a c*nt and rang her about property settlement, I'm harassing her and abusing her making her scared.

What a load of b*llsh*t she produces out of her mouth because she can't get her way.

I'm male, 35 and I've been charged with domestic violence. I don't like it and the Police station and especially the Domestic Violence Unit don't give one sh*t.