QLD Call over done, how best to prepare for trial

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cairns123

16 January 2018
A success for call over and happy with results.

I cannot watch a trial other then you tube, so how is the best way to prepare for parenting and property when both very contentious?

I’ve no idea how to start or what to do.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to watch online to get an idea or by your own experience please?

My biggest issue is paper shuffling under stress so far but luckily I’m organised and find stuff after moments of panic.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Good news.

First thing is DO NOT look at US trials. Do not look at Judge Judy.

Second - have you read this: About going to court and court processes - Family Court of Australia

Third - read case judgments and look for comments where judges are critical of one of the parties. Avoid doing something that ticks off judges to the extent they mention it in writing.

Be prepared to talk effectively to you case, and prepare questions for the ex about her evidence. You will get a chance to cross examine her about her evidence and shoot her credibility to pieces.

Be prepared to answer questions about your material.

Last edited:

Cairns123

16 January 2018
Thanks Rod,

Judge Judy definitely off the list!

Lack of Credibility established and noted by the different judges, but will hone in to push point.

In trial, better to work through parenting then financial or do it in chronological order mixing the both?