QLD Brisbane Airport Curbside Management issue.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cooper

17 April 2018
Should be a simple enough question: Does the Briabane Airport Curbside Management team have the right to force me to move or give me a fine? After all, I am on the side of a public road. Not *IN* the airport.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com

Cooper

17 April 2018
Anything inside the red dotted line is within the airport boundary, and not public road - it's road operated and maintained by the Brisbane Airport Corporation.
Just curiously, am I allowed to chill on the side of a public road for a bit?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Sometimes, but not all the time. For example, you can't where:

- there's a sign directing to the effect that there's no stopping;

- you're on a signed clearway, unless your're a bus, taxi, or dropping off/picking up passengers;

- you're on a freeway, unless: you're in an emergency stopping lane, there's a valid reason for stopping in the interests of safety (eg breakdown, driver condition), and you stop for no longer than is necessary for the circumstances.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
They think you might be a terrorist checking timetables, movements and possible reaction times. Think yourself lucky you weren't handcuffed and taken away to be interrogated for a long time. Suspect you don't have a long beard.

If Turnbull had his way you could have been locked up for 14 days with no charge. I think the Liberals have forgotten the meaning of 'liberal'. Australia - the democracy with next to no rights.