Breaching the court order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Roya

24 March 2018
Hi. I;m the grandmother of a beautiful 3 years old girl. Based on court order my grand daughter can spend two nights per week with me. Last week I received email from her that she noticed the her daughter's eyelashes been trimmed. When she asked the child, the child said:" my grandmother has trimmed my eyelashes". Therefore for her safety the grandmother can not have access to the child.
I am a young(44 years old) and qualified early childhood teacher . I have worked with children for over two decades. I have never heard someone cut a child's eyelashes. My grand daughter has my son's eyelashes which is very blessing. Based on her beyond bizarre excuse I haven't been able to see my grand daughter for two weeks now. My grand daughter lived with me 5- 6 nights a week for 15 months and mother was happy with the arrangement because she runs a brutal ( she start this job after she separated from my son, but we tried not to make any judgment so we can continue taking care of my grand daughter). Each week I have to help my grand daughter to regulate her emotion because she does not want to see her mum and wants to stay with me.So when she refused access, I called police to do well fare check. Police said the child had very long eyelashes. This week again she denied access and I called the police( I am very concern for the child due to her job because it requires mum to be available 24/7) but police said she is not home. Based on court order she has no right to move the child out of Sydney and we have a fear that she used this excuse and had the plan to move out from Sydney. My question is how can we find out if she has left the state?
Thank you so much for your time.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Apply to court for a location order and contravention.