QLD Breach Of Notice - Traffic Monitoring Services (TMS)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

billybob

15 March 2020
Hi,

I have received 3 letters from "Traffic Monitoring Services" (TMS) claiming that we owe a total of $198 for "Outstanding Car Park Breach Notices" totalling $154, with "incurred additional costs" to pursue the outstanding amount totalling $44, hence $198.

The car is owned by a business and we are not sure who may have been driving the car at the time.

The first letter states that it would be referred to their lawyers for further action (I will add the total amount on this one was $184 with additional costs of being $30 instead of $44). Then an additional letter near exact same with the exception it says it would be referred to a debt collection agency instead (This had the $198).

Now start of march, we have received a letter from "illion" trading as "Milton Graham" acting on behalf of TMS for the outstanding amount.

Now, because this has come from a private company that handles credit reporting, we are not happy about this. We are not sure who was driving the car at the time and further, we do not have these alleged "breach of notice" notices they put on the car.

We are quite pissed off and pretty much at the point of telling them to f off. However, thinking of a letter that we could send to both TMS and "illion trading as Milton Graham", I'd prefer to send them a letter, thus they wouldn't get our information.

If it were to go any further, I would complain to the ACCC and the Qld Fair Trading. There may be breach of laws considering their approach. I'd like to get some assistance to this if possible.

I appreciate any help I can get.

---------- This is the letter I was intending on sending ----------------

To whom it may concern,

This is a response in regards to your "Outstanding Car Park Breach Notice" reference #-----------------.

The company to which this letter has been sent to has no idea what this breach notice is in relation to.

The company denies any action that has resulted in this "Outstanding Car Park Breach Notice" and demands a withdrawal of your demand immediately.

The company further demands you cease any further actions against us.

This letter has been timestamped and any further action beyond the date marked on this letter will be considered abuse and will be taken up with the ACCC and Queensland Office of Fair Trading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------