NSW Breach of good behaviour bond

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Philly2020

27 April 2018
If a person in placed on a good behaviour bond for 12 months and breaches it, but then it expires before being sentenced, but then once sentenced that person in placed on a further good behaviour bond, during that brief time that the person was waiting to be sentenced (2 weeks) and the first bond had expired they had engaged in a criminal act, if charged for that would it be considered a breach of good behaviour? There was a 2 week window that they original bond had lapsed before being placed on another one.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
If a person in placed on a good behaviour bond for 12 months and breaches it, but then it expires before being sentenced, but then once sentenced that person in placed on a further good behaviour bond, during that brief time that the person was waiting to be sentenced (2 weeks) and the first bond had expired they had engaged in a criminal act, if charged for that would it be considered a breach of good behaviour? There was a 2 week window that they original bond had lapsed before being placed on another one.

I am not a lawyer and in my opinion, the person would be charged for the breach and the sentenced with the second offense happened.
It is called "Good behavior" for a reason.... is to be out of trouble .... I am sure someone with more knowledge in law would correct me (If my understanding is wrong).