WA Bought a used car from a private seller and found out it was repaired written off car after 2monts

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kantoteras

13 June 2021
Hi. I bought a used car for $15000 and two , three month later I found out the car was repaired write off . It was written on my rego paper.
i asked the seller about any accident history, he said no accident on facebook messagenr. I still have the conversation . as proof that he lied.
I went to see him to his house and knocked the door twice. he ignored me, I could see light inside of the house.
i sent him messages that I will sue you for this and he replied that he didn’t know that. And he can’t do anything. It is hard to believe that he didn’t know.
he had had that car for only three month.
probably he didn’t know ans found out with rego paper and rushed to sell it. And I am the newest victim. I don’t want to lie when I sell the car, and because of the car’s history, the car value will drop at least 30% down. I offered him just pay me half of 30% , he refused.
I hate people get away with something like this just to save his few thousands dollars.
i wanna show this guy he messed up with a wrong guy. I have a solid proof that he lied.
so I think I have higher chance to win in the court.
i wanna know what lawyers think . And how much it would cost for a small case like this.
thanks