NSW Body Corporate Strata Report Disclosing Personal Email

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Wheretostart

22 May 2015
I've been having dramas with my neighbour, issues that body corporate won't help with so we decided to sell. The neighbour has been charged for intimidation in the meantime, but is still living in the building, and also has not paid body corporate in 3 years! Anyway, we accepted an offer but then the buyer pulled out because they obtained a strata report with all my emails advising our body corporate manager about the neighbour and our situation.

Is the body corporate allowed to publish my emails in the report, especially since they said it's not even their problem to deal with, or is it a breach of privacy? And if so, how am I ever going to sell my property and get on with my life?

Wheretostart

22 May 2015
I have had some issues with a neighbour and decided to sell my unit to avoid any further torment as strata will not help with the situation. (Intimidation, verbal abuse, false accusations and they have failed to pay strata fees in 3 years).
I accepted an offer, only to find that the buyer obtained a strata report which included all of my emails complaining about the behaviour of my neighbour, and has now pulled out of the sale.
My agent sent me a copy of this report for me to view, and I found that my personal email address, postal address, partner's mobile number were all included in the report. Is this a breach of privacy?