NSW Blocking Right of way of carriageway

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tuca

24 March 2018
Hi, My land have a RIGHT OF CARRIAGEWAY that benefice my neighbour, in 2004 I had to take them to supreme court for parking the car and obstructing the drive way they lost. The order was: That the defendants be restrained from parking the vehicle upon, or otherwise obstructing the Right of way of carriageway. The house was sold after that new neighbours move in I provide all the papers to them now I can't use my own drive way they park there call me names and say will not move the car. what I can do to take the Right of way of carriageway from them? It has been for 15 years, when they don't park there they put two rubbish been in the middle of the drive way, their house is just like mine in front of street the Right of way of carriageway was created after the land been split in two.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-07-15 18-03-07-548.jpg
    bandicam 2021-07-15 18-03-07-548.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 6

Tripe

22 May 2017
A right of carriage like a block of land has a prescribed footprint and a legal title, it can’t be wished away.

In general, To revoke a right of carriage, requires a signature from you and your neighbour.

You can’t remove it, without the neighbours legal consent