Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Bill Received from Department of Transport and Main Roads?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Mechonan, 21 September 2016.

1. Mechonan

Mechonan Active Member

Hi there,

I am seeking assistance and help on a bill received from the Department of Transport and Main Roads for damage accrued on roadside posts and wire as a result of a minor collision.

Could someone please refer me to the proper forum?

Thank you

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

What is your query about the bill? It doesn't sound as though it's traffic law, but isn't really insurance law (related to car accidents) either. Just shoot :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mechonan

Mechonan Active Member

Hey,

So I have a bill from the Department of Main Roads QLD of $10,447 for replacement costs of brifen posts and wire that I impacted in my uninsured vehicle.

My questions are, am I entitles to an invoice that shows where this money was spent? And are there possibly any hardship options to reduce the fee or seek assistance in paying it?

4. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert in this area, but you could always try to seek this information from them. Do you have insurance for third party property damage?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...