Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Beneficiary Overseas Making Physical Threats Towards Executor of Will

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by Shadow, 11 March 2016.

1. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

I am the Executor of will for my mother's will. One of the Beneficiaries (my brother) who is contesting the will is making physical threats towards me.

I know I can report it to the police, but he is currently living overseas, should I report this to the Lawyer in charge of defending the Estate and should this be documented with regards to Character and Conduct of the Applicant?

Thanks

2. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

Sorry, what do you mean by "defending the estate"?
    And yes, you should document it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Hi Tim, defending the estate in an up and coming family provision claim being made by the said beneficiary.

4. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

In which case, the answer to
    is yes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Thanks Tim! Will do!