BAIL VIOLATION CURFEW

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lovely

20 November 2019
REPOST from General category
Hello everyone
I’ve ended up here because after searching the internet, I've found no information. A family friend has recently got into some trouble (gains fraud, burglary with intent). He’s adjourned his court dates until December, in the meantime he has a 9pm-7am curfew.
Today he was taken into lock up (overnight) & will go to court in the morning (why??) as the cops reckon he wasn’t home last night; He didn’t hear when they knocked & rang the doorbell (the doorbell is not working). He was in a back room on the computer.
His mum told the cops he was home, she said they were ‘arseholes’ to her.
Anyway, does anyone know what the rules are around curfew & if you don’t hear the cops at your door? They don’t even give a warning to you? And why are they taking him to court in the morning, for breaching bail? Im freaking out about this.
If anyone or someone they know have had any experiences related to this kind of situation, I’d love to hear from you

Car

11 January 2018
From personal experience with breach of bail he'll be taken to court for the offence, bail may be refused until he can make a bail application if so he'll be remanded in custody. If he was on the computer why didn't his mum go get him? Also when you're on curfew it's explained that if you don't come to the door, it'll be assumed you're not home, coming to the door when the cops do curfew checks is part of the bail so he's kind of dug his own grave so to speak.