VIC Avoiding process server

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John231

16 September 2018
Can I get in trouble if I ignore a process server or pretend I'm not home, what would happen if I do that also do process servers talk to next door neighbours etc,

sammy01

27 September 2015
For what process? and for what point?

I think you're just delaying the inevitable. If the ex hires a professional process server and given it appears the ex knows your address then you could find yourself in a situation where the process server will establish that every effort has been made.... What next? Not too sure... They could rock up to your work place. But I reckon at some point they can file to say that every attempt has been made.

Potentially - and I'm only hypothesizing... The case could go ahead uncontested by you simply because you put your head in the sand.

Have a read..
Divorce Process Servers - get your application for divorce served

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You don't into trouble for hiding/ignoring a process server.

The other side will arrange alternative service. And once that happens, you may not find out and the court matter may proceed undefended. You won't be the first and won't be the last. The courts have evolved ways to deal with people who don't want to be served for this very reason.

Better to accept service.