LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Authority to Access Lift Shaft?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Peter Lew, 8 July 2015.

Tags:
  1. Peter Lew

Peter Lew Member

Hi there, from a building operator / owner of commercial building perspective. Can I buy an elevator key to access the lift shaft to do some work under property law, mainly pumping water out of it due to ingress water? Do I need any certification like work in confined space or do I even allow to access the lift shaft to begin with?

Is there relevant information for that?

Thank you.

2. Ivy

Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I'm not sure what certifications you would need however I can see a multitude of potential liability issues for your employer (or company) if you were to get hurt. I think the starting place to investigate who should be in a lift shaft would be workplace health and safety laws.
    I suggest you call Work Cover Queensland and have a chat with them. They should be better positioned to answer your specific question. Contact us :: Queensland's safety and workers' compensation services

3. Peter Lew

Peter Lew Member

Thanks Ivy, appreciate your advise and will definitely speak to Work Cover Queensland.