NSW Australian Law - Serving Without Address?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Aleksey

4 November 2015
I was told that it is possible to serve without address.

I got two suggestions:

1) serve friends or relatives

2) serve by e-mail after getting refusal to provide address

Is this real? What are the legal terms for such types of serving under Australian Law?

Any other ideas?

Aleksey

4 November 2015
Legal Aid thinks that I have too much money so I decided to represent myself as I am unemployed now. Also the police convinced my wife that I want to kill her and created the AVO that says that I can only communicate with my wife through my legal representative.

Does this mean that I cannot communicate at all if I decide to represent myself? Lawyers want 5000 and more to represent me. Is it possible to find a lawyer who could represent me only for sending a couple of messages? I just want to send a letter to my wife telling that I love her, etc.

How can I do that without paying 5000 dollars?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Have you appealed to Legal Aid if your circumstances have now changed?

Unfortunately, you could get yourself into a lot of trouble (more so than now) if you contact your wife by any other means than what is in the AVO.

Have you contacted a criminal lawyer and asked their costs to represent you writing a letter and defending an AVO?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
All Writ of Summons/Originating Processes must be served personally.
To effect personal service - a writ can be

a) personally served on the Defendant (meaning give it to them); or
b) leave it addressed to the Defendant at their place of business or residential address;

Derekmck

5 November 2015
Legal Aid thinks that I have too much money so I decided to represent myself as I am unemployed now. Also the police convinced my wife that I want to kill her and created the AVO that says that I can only communicate with my wife through my legal representative.

Does this mean that I cannot communicate at all if I decide to represent myself? Lawyers want 5000 and more to represent me. Is it possible to find a lawyer who could represent me only for sending a couple of messages? I just want to send a letter to my wife telling that I love her, etc.

How can I do that without paying 5000 dollars?

I am in the same boat. How I communicate with the ex is through her lawyer. This is a massive problem in itself. 1 letter took 3 weeks to get to her. It's a real pain as some information is very important and takes days to weeks for the other party to respond.

Don't send I love you letters, it will blow up in your face. I spent 12 months in Gaol for intimidation for saying I love you, if she's scared and you say 'Hello', that's intimidation, that's how the judge explained to me why I love you turned into a holiday in Gaol for me.

Be very careful brother, these are the times to keep level headed for you children's sake.